San Francisco Holidays
San Francisco Holidays
The seat of flower power and a Mecca for sixties hippies, San Fran still draws the daydreamers. Brimming with world-famous attractions, cable cars, vintage shops, San Francisco holidays are unforgettable.
Things to Do in San Francisco
- Spend your days exploring the city’s various haunts. Tour Union Square, the Financial District, the Mission District, and then grab a coffee in the colourful Castro District, but only after visiting the frisky seals in Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Do some time in Alcatraz. Once the prison quarters of Al Capone and Machine Gun Kelly, and the setting for the film The Rock, Alcatraz is laced in chilling legend. Be sure to book your tickets early, as Alcatraz tours fill up weeks in advance.
- Sample San Fran’s super burrito. Not one for the faint-hearted, the super burrito is a massive mess of rice, vegetables, meat, cheese, salsa, sour cream and avocado. Veggie and vegan options are also available, and equally filling.
- Go for a ride in a cable car. San Francisco is surprisingly compact and can easily be explored on foot, but a ride in these vintage trams is just too tempting to pass up.
Best Time to Visit
Mar-May/Sep-Nov: San Francisco weather is generally quite mild all year round, but this is generally the best time to go. Summer temperatures tend to linger comfortably in the late teens and can often be accompanied by a dense fog shrouding the city, whereas winter months are often wet with rain.
Visit the most ‘gay friendly’ city in the world during Pride Week – held in June – and watch the streets transform into a rainbow of streamers, confetti, costumes and colour. Drop by the Castro the night before the parade for the Pink Saturday block party – it promises to be epic.
June also features the Summer Solstice, where local pagans gather to celebrate the completion of the year through Baker Beach bonfires and a drum circle in Justin Herman Plaza at the Embarcadero.
Drop by in October for Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, San Francisco’s biggest free music festival. Originally only a bluegrass affair, the festival has since come to feature country acts such as Emmylou Harris and Rosanne Cash as well as indie-rock artists such as Conor Oberst.
Why We Love It“San Francisco is unlike any other city I've visited. The buildings are gorgeous, the cable cars are cool, the atmosphere is great, and the food is amazing. There is so much to see and do, you spend weeks there!”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 37
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%
Downside - not possible to view multitrip function using smartphone for unknown reason. The multitrip option appears but doesnt work.
Lots of good flight options
Tiny pet peeve - when you ask "how did you find out about us" - have an option for "committed long term customer" - to simply acknowledge that some people that book have been doing so for years.. and that there is a place for us in your listing...