New York Holidays
Known as “The Big Apple”, New York is one of those must-see destinations. Brimming with world-famous tourist attractions, museums, galleries, shops, bars and restaurants, New York holidays have something for everyone.
Things to Do in New York
- Spend your days visiting the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty or shop til’ you drop on the renowned Fifth Avenue, the no.1 spot for shopping in New York.
- Be sure to visit the Central Park Zoo & Wildlife Center. It’s one the best things about Central Park and there’s a petting zoo for kids, so it’s a great day out for families.
- Sample some of the city’s melt-in-your-mouth street food, particularly New York hot dogs and bagels.
- You could spend days in Manhattan alone, but definitely take a trip out to Brooklyn to experience the thriving music and arts scene of the city. A must-see on your holidays to New York in our opinion!
Best Time to Visit
New York weather varies a lot. Summer time is hot and humid with temperatures reaching around 30°, while the winter months tend to bring snow and freezing temperatures. It’s probably best to visit New York in the autumn months of September and October, when days are comfortably warm and dry.
There’s nothing quite like the magic of New York City at Christmas time, but be warned that last minute flights to New York can be very expensive in December.
St. Patrick’s Day is another great time for holidays to New York. The city is home to the world’s largest and most extravagant St. Patrick’s Day parade which marches up the iconic Fifth avenue.
Take a trip during the New York International Fringe Festival, the largest theatre and arts festival in North America. From 14th-30th August, the festival will see about 200 musicals, dramas, stand-up comedy and family shows. You name it, it’s there.
Why We Love It
“What can I say about New York, the city that never sleeps? Everything is just as you see it in the movies – superb!”
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:3252
- Excellent Approval Rating:88%