A whirlwind of roller coasters, movie characters, and theme parks, Orlando is one of those must-see destinations. Boasting lots of bars and restaurants, Orlando holidays are hit with adults and children alike.
Things to Do in Orlando
- Be sure to visit the world-famous Walt Disney World, where you can explore the Magic Kingdom, dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table and watch the nightly spectacular fire work display.
- Spend a day or two at Universal Studios and Universal’s Island of Adventure, where you can drink butter beer in Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Head to Discovery Cove to snorkel a fish-filled reef or go for a swim with some adorable dolphins.
- Adults should enjoy a night out on the Universal City Walk. Brimming with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops, you are sure to find plenty of entertainment.
Best Time to Visit
Orlando weather tends to be hot and quite humid all year round. Summer time is hot, humid and rainy with temperatures reaching around 30° – this is peak season.
Winters tend to be dryer and cooler with temperatures in the 20s. Probably the best time to visit Orlando are the spring months of April and May, when the weather is comfortable and it’s between peak seasons.
Little compares to the magic of Orlando at Christmas time, the theme parks come alive with parties and pageantry, but be warned that last minute flights to Orlando can be quite expensive in December.
Visit mid-March to early May for the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival, a festival filled with food booths, garden exhibits, and free concerts.
Science fiction fans should take a trip from mid-May to mid-June for the Star Wars Weekends. Meet your favourite Star Wars character and watch live celebrity performances at these fun-filled weekends.
Why We Love It
[Orla] “I'm a big fan of theme parks so Orlando is one of my favourtie holiday destinations. Universal Studios is a must-do, it's just so exciting, and the weather is always sunny.”
- Total Feedback:411
- Excellent Approval Rating:98.5%