Just mentioning Australia conjures images of the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney Opera House. With gorgeous landscapes, cosmopolitan cities, and world-class surfing; what’s not to love about Australia holidays?
Things to Do in Australia
- Dine out in Melbourne. Melbourne is Australia’s gourmet capital; think bohemian bistros and top-class restaurants. We recommend Rockpool Bar & Grill; great food and great service.
- Be sure to visit Kangaroo Island. With wildlife ranging from koalas to wallabies, and of course, kangaroos, Kangaroo Island is a pristine island with breath-taking coastal scenery.
- Get off the beaten track on a Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk. Organised by the local Aboriginal community, these treks take you through jungles of the Mossman Gorge. Afterwards, sample some bush tea as you hear about local lore and herbal medicines.
- Drive the Great Ocean Road. Stretching from the surf-town of Torquay to Allansford, this epic road journey offers some of the best scenery, including the famous Twelve Apostles.
Best Time to Visit
Australia weather varies depending on area and season. Summer time lasts from December to February, and can get very hot with temperatures rising well into the 30s. However this is also rainy season in the far north.
Winter, which runs from June to August, is ideal in the north, although it can get a little cold in the south.
Overall, the best time to visit Australia would probably be from March to May or September to November.
Visit Sydney late February for the city’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Watch Sydney’s famous Oxford Street become a dazzling demonstration of elaborate costumes, energetic dancing, and rainbow flags.
Take a trip to Adelaide from mid-February to mid-March, for the Adelaide Fringe Festival. Held throughout the city, this festival features everything from cabaret to puppetry.
Head to Woodford at the end of December for the Woodford Folk Festival. With comedy, circus acts, writers’ panels, and folk medicine, music is only part of this legendary festival.
Why We Love It
[Orla] “Uluru is incredible. It’s a sacred site to the Aboriginal people and a must-see when in Australia. It’s especially beautiful at sunrise and sunset.”
Call our travel experts for advice on Australasia tours including Australia, low cost holidays, cheap flights, holiday deals, and more for your Australia holidays.
- Total Feedback:3876
- Excellent Approval Rating:94%
2. Gohop confirmation reference number meant nothing to airline and the number they needed was not obvious - so I couldnt go online and request kids meal plus..
3. Asked gohop to book bassinet and it was only booked for 1 part of flight. The KL to Sydney flight was by night and bassinet was not booked.