Just mentioning Australia conjures images of the Great Barrier Reef and Sydney Opera House. With gorgeous landscapes, cosmopolitan cities, and world-class surfing; what’s not to love about Australia holidays?
Things to Do in Australia
- Melbourne is Australia’s gourmet capital; think bohemian bistros and top-class restaurants. We recommend Rockpool Bar & Grill; great food and great service.
- Kangaroo Island has dedicated more than 30% of its land as a protected area, creating the feeling of a "zoo without fences". One of the few places on earth where there are more koalas than people, it's an animal lover's dream.
- Get off the beaten track on a Ngadiku Dreamtime Walk. Organised by the local Aboriginal community, these treks take you through jungles of the Mossman Gorge. Afterwards, sample some bush tea as you hear about local lore and herbal medicines.
- Drive the Great Ocean Road. Stretching from the surf-town of Torquay to Allansford, this epic road journey offers some of the best scenery, including the famous Twelve Apostles.
Best Time to Visit
Sep-Nov: Before the highest temperatures of the summer hit most of the country, but after the busy tourist season of winter. Touring Australia will likely involve a lot of time outdoors, so the more pleasant weather is a bonus. Visiting from March-May would be quite similar.
Australian weather varies depending on area and season. Summer time lasts from December to February, and can get very hot with temperatures rising well into the 30s. However this is also rainy season in the far north.
Winter, which runs from June to August, is ideal in the north, although it can get a little cold in the south.
Visit Sydney late February for the city’s Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. Watch Sydney’s famous Oxford Street become a dazzling demonstration of elaborate costumes, energetic dancing, and rainbow flags.
Take a trip to Adelaide from mid-February to mid-March, for the Adelaide Fringe Festival. Held throughout the city, this festival features everything from cabaret to puppetry.
Head to Woodford at the end of December for the Woodford Folk Festival. With comedy, circus acts, writers’ panels, and folk medicine, music is only part of this legendary festival.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4423
- Excellent Approval Rating:93.5%