Floating in the Balearic Sea, off the west coast of Spain, Majorca is an ever popular holiday destination. Think sun-soaked beaches, historic sites, and glittering resorts on your Majorca holidays.
Things to Do in Majorca
- Be sure to visit Bellver Castle. Sitting atop a hill and offering panoramic views of the city below, this 14th Century castle is a Gothic masterpiece.
- Take a boat ride through the Caves of Drach and see beautifully lit stalactites and stalagmites as you sail through an underground river.
- Have lunch at Bar S’Illot. Enjoy the scenic view, cold beer, and soothing jazz music, in this coastal cafe.
- Shop for souvenirs at the night markets. July sees night markets popping up in La Llonja, Playa de Muro, and Porto Cristo – these are great places for picking up some local crafts.
Best Time to Visit
Majorca weather experiences hot summers and mild winters, with average temperatures ranging from 25° in August and 10° in January. May to September boasts the best weather, however June to August are peak season.
Late April or May is probably the best time to visit Majorca as the weather is ideal with sunny days and temperatures of around 17°. October is also lovely but you may experience some rainfall.
Fans of classical music should head to the Chopin International Music Festival. Taking place throughout August, this festival offers classical music in the picturesque grounds of Valldemosa’s monastery.
Visit on August 24th for the Festival of St Bartholomew. Watch the Soller town square become a pandemonium of fireworks, drumming, and locals dressed up as demons.
Why We Love It
[GoHop Team] “Majorca is a beautiful holiday destination. The beaches are amazing and I would recommend visit Le Seu, it’s a very impressive cathedral.”
- Total Feedback:328
- Excellent Approval Rating:98%
Would recommend Go hop but think they should be upfront and state that they charge extra other than the normal airline charges etc