Laced in a rich history and a colourful culture, Spain is one of Europe's top holiday destinations. With endless beaches, tourist attractions, party hot-spots, and tasty tapas, Spain holidays are intoxicating.
Things to Do in Spain
- Tour the country’s captivating cities. Whether it be admiring Gaudi architecture of Barcelona, visiting the museums of Madrid, or watching the flamenco dancers in Seville, Spain’s cities offer unforgettable experiences.
- Sample some of mouth-watering Spanish cuisine. Tapas, paella, churros, and tortilla de patatas, are all must-tries. Wash it down with some refreshing sangria.
- Trek the Camino de Santiago. Originally a religious pilgrimage, the Camino de Santiago is fast becoming a favoured hiking trail. May have something to do the lush scenery, jagged peaks, and Gothic churches garnishing the routes.
- Stay out all night. From the chic gin bars of Barcelona to the pulsating clubs of Ibiza, Spain has an undeniably vibrant nightlife that should be experienced.
Best Time to Visit
Spain weather can vary depending on season and area. Coastal areas generally boast a warm Mediterranean climate. Summer temperatures can reach the 30s and winters often remain quite mild.
Northern Spain experiences cooler summers and cooler winters and unlike the coastal areas rainfall is frequent. Probably the best time to visit Spain would be from May to October, however you should try to avoid July and August as it is peak season.
Holiday in Valencia in March for Las Fallas. A week-long fiesta of fireworks, bonfires, gunpowder, effigies and colourful parades, Las Fallas is a celebration of Valencia’s patron saint.
Visit on the 29th June for the Haro Wine Festival. Every year the town Haro stages an outright wine war – “Batallo de Vino” to locals – think a massive water flight, except with wine. Be warned this is not a spectator sport!
Pay a visit in July for the Benicassim Festival. Held every year in Benicassim, this increasingly popular music festival has featured past performers such as Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys and Bob Dylan.
Take a trip in late August for La Tomatina. Held on the last Wednesday of August, La Tomatina sees the picturesque town of Bunol, its residents and visitors, becoming engulfed in a sea of ripened tomatoes. It’s basically a mass food fight.
Why We Love It
[GoHop Team] “Spain is one of those holiday destinations that will suit everyone. Madrid and Barcelona are perfect for city breaks, while the resorts along the coast are great for sun holidays. The beaches, the cities, the culture and the food, what’s not to love!”
- Total Feedback:628
- Excellent Approval Rating:96%