Boasting some of Egypt’s most impressive ancient wonders, Luxor Holidays are on the travel bucket list of every history lover.
Things to Do in Luxor
- Wander the Valley of the Kings. Uncover the tombs of past Pharaohs including the legendary Tutankhamun while roaming this fascinating open air museum.
- Go for a balloon ride over the Theban Necropolis on Luxor’s west bank to get some awe-inspiring views of temples, villages, and mountains.
- Take a tour of the Temple of Karnak. Located north of Luxor, Karnak was constructed over a period of 1500 years and was the most significant place of worship in ancient Egypt.
- Cruise the Nile aboard a traditional felucca. If you tired of temple-hopping and sight-seeing go sailing on one of the world’s most iconic rivers.
Best Time to Visit
Luxor weather tends to remain hot throughout the year with summers (April to October) having temperatures soar well past 30°.
The best time to visit Luxor would probably be from November to March when the temperatures are more comfortable at around 15-20°, however expect cold nights.
Celebrate the Moulid of Abu el-Haggag which usually takes place the month before Ramadan (dates vary each year). For two weeks the city bursts into a frenzy of floats, music, and excitement in honour of Luxor’s patron sheikh.
Why We Love It
[GoHop Team] “Luxor is a must-see destination for anyone interested in ancient Egypt. There are so many historical sites, the Temple of Karnak is amazing.”
- Total Feedback:4498
- Excellent Approval Rating:97%