Located in the country’s south Nairobi is Kenya’s bustling capital. Boasting its own national park, Nairobi holidays are bursting with adventure.
Things to Do in Nairobi
- Be sure to check out the Nairobi National Park. Located on the city’s doorstep, this park is home to a huge selection of wildlife as well as the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust – an elephant and rhino orphanage.
- Sip coffee at the Nairobi Java House. Sample the delectably nutty Kenyan AA blend, and why take a bag of beans home with you?
- Shop for handicrafts at the Massai Market. This market is held in a different location each day (except Mondays) and offers some unique and often handmade souvenirs.
- Book lovers and film buffs should take a tour of the historical Karen Blixen Museum. Wander the beautiful colonial house and coffee gardens of the “Out of Africa” autobiographer.
Best Time to Visit
Nairobi weather tends to remain hot all year round with average temperatures ranging between 17° and 21°.
March to May and November to December experience the most rainfall making these the least favourable months to visit.
The best time to visit Nairobi would probably be from June to October, although be warned September and October have temperatures reaching up to 30°. September and October are also the best months for a safari in the Nairobi National Park.
Check out Blankets and Wine on the first Sunday of every month. Showcasing local and African bands, this festival is family-focused and laidback. You can pack our own picnic or take advantage of the bar, food stalls, and mini craft market.
Why We Love It
[GoHop Team] “Nairobi is a great city. The Nairobi National Park offers some amazing wildlife viewing opportunities and it’s located right in the city!”
Call our travel experts for advice on travel to Kenya.
- Total Feedback:4
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%