Often referred to as the “Red City”, Marrakech is a city bursting with beauty and colour. Boasting bustling bazars, nightly entertainment, tourist attractions, delectable restaurants, and steamy spas, Marrakech holidays have something for everyone.
Things to Do in Marrakech
- Shop ‘til you drop at the busy bazars, Medina markets and designer stores. Whether it be clothes, jewellery, handicrafts, or spices something exotic is bound to catch your eye.
- Spend an evening or two at Jemaa el-Fnaa, Marrakech’s magnetic city square. With nightly entertainment from musicians, acrobats and storytellers, Jemaa el-Fnaa is not to be missed.
- Sample some tasty Moroccan cuisine. With tajine, cous cous, and Morocco’s staple drink; mint tea, you’re bound to find something to satisfy your appetite.
- Stroll through the Majorelle Garden. An enchanting, mature botanical garden, maintained by Yves Saint-Laurent, and animated with the music birdsong.
- Game of Thrones fans would definitely enjoy a trip to Ait Ben Haddou, the filming location for the city of Yunkai. Trips can be made from the city of Marrakech, and it's a great chance to follow the khaleesi's footsteps! Apart from that, it's a wonderful example of earthen architecture.
Best Time to Go
Mar-May/Sep-Nov: Blessed with sunshine throughout the year, Jun-Aug remain the busiest and hottest months in the region. If you have your Marrakech holidays outside of these months, you'll get to enjoy plenty of sun without the biggest crowds.
Why We Love It
“I loved exploring Marrakech. The markets were amazing, lots of bargains to be found".
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive