Cape Town Holidays
Cape Town Holidays
Resting on the southwest coast of South Africa, Cape Town is a beautifully scenic city. Picture a purple backdrop of the Table Mountain and the colourful Dutch architecture of Bo-Kap on your Cape Town holidays.
Things to Do in Cape Town
- Discover Cape Town’s glittering nightlife and bar scene. Have your cocktails with a view at the rooftop Tjing Tjing, sample the Cape’s craft beers at the Wembley Tap, or join the indie crowd at the Power and the Glory (or PnG’s as locals call it!)
- Hang out with the penguins of the wonderful Boulder Beach. Get a photo with these friendly penguins at one of Cape Town’s quirkiest attractions.
- Follow in Nelson Mandela’s footsteps at Robben Island. Located just half an hour from the city, this notorious off-shore prison is a must-see on Cape Town holidays.
- Tour the Wine Lands. Cape Town is famous for its fine wines so why not take a trip to a vineyard to sample a full-bodied reds or fruity whites amidst some stunning scenery?
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Apr: This would usually be the best time for Cape Town holidays, when the weather is perfect for exploring. However be warned that Christmas is the city’s peak season, so book your hotel in advance!
Cape Town weather varies from weather in the Eastern Cape. Summers run from December to February, with average temperatures of around 22°. Winters last from June to August with rainy days temperatures of about 13°.
Ring in the New Year twice in Cape Town! Tweede Nuwe Jaar (Second New Year) is held on January 2nd and was historically the only day of the year slaves had off. Today you can expect to see Cape Minstrels dapperly dressed in brightly-coloured suits singing traditional songs.
Why We Love It
[GoHop Team] “Cape Town is an amazing city, there’s so much to do and see. I would definitely recommend Robben Island, it’s full of history.”
- Total Feedback: 18
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%