Often referred to as the “Athens of America” due to its remarkable collection of historic universities. Boston Holidays are ideal for discovering America’s fascinating history.
Things to Do in Boston
- Follow the Freedom Trail through downtown Boston and visit the historic landmarks telling the absorbing tale of the American Revolution.
- Pay a visit to Boston Public Garden – the oldest park in the US – and take a ride in one the iconic swan boats. Or if you’re visiting Boston in the summertime spend an evening enjoying some Shakespeare in the Park.
- Take a day trip to Cambridge to sample some of Touscanini’s deliciously strange ice-cream flavours. Why not try a cone of goat-cheese brownie or salty bacon ice-cream?
- Thinking of shopping in Boston? Be sure to visit Newbury Street where you will find the city’s selection of chic boutiques and high street stores. Of course shopping is only part of what this area offers, with Victorian brownstone buildings, art galleries and various eateries, you’ll be kept well entertained.
Best Time to Visit
Sept-Oct: probably the best time to visit Boston, when the weather is warm yet fresh, and the colonial buildings and college campuses are coloured orange, yellow and brown with fallen leaves. Boston weather tends to vary, with hot and humid summers, while winters can bring cold temperatures and snow.
Halloween in Boston is an unforgettable experience. Pumpkin carving, costume parties, live music and theatre, ghost tours, or even spooky trips to Salem, Halloween in Boston is perfect for adults and children alike.
The 4th of July is another great time to visit Boston. Celebrate America’s Independence Day amidst fireworks, concerts and parades taking place in one of the most significant platforms of the American Revolution.
Why We Love It
“You cannot beat Boston for a long weekend break. It’s a great city with loads of tourist attractions and good shopping. A must do is the Cheers Bar, go at least once just to say you went where everybody knows your name!”
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:6
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%
I decided to book with you again this year as I found the experience excellent. The staff were very helpful with my queries and most of all, the rates are the best around