San Diego Holidays
Boasting beautiful beaches, lush vineyards, and a charming Old Town, San Diego is loaded with photo opportunities. From its attractive buildings to its lively bars, San Diego holidays are always a treat.
Things to Do in San Diego
- Check out San Diego’s gorgeous beaches. Surfers should head to Ocean Beach for the best waves, while snorkelers should try La Jolla Cove. Families should definitely visit Children’s Pool – a harbour populated with seals.
- Spend an evening in the Gaslamp District. Tour the Victorian buildings in the early hours, and after dark head to one of the area’s fine restaurants or embark on some bar-hopping.
- Sample a delicious ice-cream from Bobboi Natural Gelatto in La Jolla Cove. We recommend the dark chocolate and tangerine.
- Be sure to visit Balboa Park. Children will love the San Diego Zoo, while adults will adore the Old Globe Theatre, and both will enjoy the Japanese Gardens.
Best Time to Visit
Sep-Oct: When days are comfortably warm and the summertime crowds have subsided. San Diego weather tends to be warm and dry throughout the year, with summer temperatures around 25°. The winter months are cooler with temperatures dropping as low as 10° in December and January.
Cinco de Mayo is an ideal time to visit San Diego. The largest Cinco de Mayo fiesta north of the Mexican border takes place in Old Town. Dancing and tequila sampling are customary.
Take a trip during Fleet Week – held around September to mid-October – and witness the celebrations honouring those working in the US military, including a Twilight Show featuring the Great Wall of Fire.
Those on a budget should visit in Museum Month (February) when over 40 of San Diego’s museums over admission at half price.
Why We Love It“San Diego is fantastic. It’s my favourite Californian city! You must try the Cheesecake Factory – it was definitely one of the highlights of my trip!”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 5,267
- Excellent Approval Rating: 99.00%