Boasting a buzzing music scene, an iconic skyline and quirky bars and cafes flowing with craft beer and gourmet coffee, Seattle holidays are truly refreshing.
Things to Do in Seattle
- Wander through the Chihuly Garden and Glass. Beautiful gardens, colourful glass sculptures, and dazzling exhibits, the Chihuly Garden and Glass is a photographer’s dream.
- Grab lunch at the bohemian Pike Place Market. From restaurants offering fresh seafood to shops selling soaps and clothes, this market is a favourite among locals and travellers alike.
- Sip cocktails at the Knee High Stocking Co.. A 1920’s-themed speakeasy, this bar is Seattle’s best kept secret. Be sure to book a table well in advance.
- Take a trip to Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. Home to bald eagles, cougars, grey wolves, grizzly and black bears, this amazing park can be explored by a 50 minute tram ride, while the more adventurous travellers can trek the 8km of hiking trails.
Best Time to Visit
Jun-Sep: The weather is warm and dry. Seattle is generally quite mild all year, despite being known for its rain. Seattle summers are usually dry with temperatures lingering comfortably around 20°C. Winter months are often rainy, but rarely do temperatures get as low as other US cities.
Visit Memorial Day weekend for the Sasquatch Festival. Featuring three to four days of live music, this festival caters for a selection of music genres with a primary focus on indie rock.
If you’re in town during July be sure to check out the Seafair. A month-long festival featuring blue angels, the Milk Carton Derby and the Rock and Roll marathon, the Seafair always has something on.
Take a trip early September for Bumbershoot Festival. Originally established to revive spirits after an economic depression, Bumbershoot is a three day local music and arts festival that celebrates everything from poetry to film.
Why We Love It“I love Seattle. Make sure to have a coffee in the Starbucks in the Columbia Center. The café is on the 40th floor and you get some of the best views of the city, the Unicorn Bar is also great, very quirky.”
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%