A narrow strip of land clinging to mainland Southeast Asia, Vietnam boasts a fascinating history and coastline to rival California’s. Vietnam holidays are loaded with white beaches, charming cities, and delicious food.
Things to Do in Vietnam
- Spend a few days in Hoi An. Famous for its cheap tailors, Hoi An is one of Vietnam’s prettiest cities. Whether it’s the beautifully-preserved colonial architecture or the chilled pace of life, Hoi An is always a traveller’s favourite.
- Crawl through the Cu Chi Tunnels. This intrinsic network of underground tunnels and jungle booby traps reveal the fascinating – albeit gruesome – guerrilla tactics used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War.
- Be sure to try Vietnamese coffee. Aromatic, with hints of vanilla, and often served with condensed milk, Vietnamese coffee is for those who like their coffee sweet.
- Halong Bay is the legendary land “where the dragon descends into the sea”. Thousands of tiny limestone islands peek out of the emerald water, creating one of the most other-worldly places you could ever hope to see.
Best Time to Visit
Feb-May: The weather does tend to vary throughout the different regions, so it often depends on where you want to go. This would be the best time to go if you are planning on travelling to several different places on your trip.
Vietnam weather tends to be hot and quite humid all year. Winters in the north – November to February – can get very cool but it’s still fine for travel.
Take a trip around February to ring in the Vietnamese New Year. Known as Tet, celebrations last from 3 to 7 days. Locals often take to streets with firecrackers, drums, and gongs making as much noise as possible to ward off evil spirits – it’s a great atmosphere.
Visit around September for the Festival of Tet Trung Thu. Generally considered a children’s festival, adults are bound to love it too. With mooncakes, lanterns, costumes and local children performing lion dances, this celebration is sure to impress any audience.
Why We Love It“Vietnam is amazing destination with so much on offer. The food, the cities, the people, and the beaches – Nha Trang and Phu Quoc both have amazing beaches. Be sure to see a water puppet show if you’re in Hanoi!”
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 6
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%
I particularly liked the fact that there is the option to book multi city trips and you are not refined to booking return trips to/from the same city.
One point on a marketing issue......there is no option in the pull down box asking how I heard of Gohop - to say I am a repeat client! Missed marketing opportunity!!
I have already passed this on to an agent whom I had to call after I made my booking to see if I could reserve seats - I couldn't but that's the airlines fault not Gohops!!!