If its traditional Balinese culture that attracts your attention, then Ubud is the place for you. Magnificent temples, fantastic museums and spectacular performance venues await those who make the visit to Bali's cultural centre.
Things to do in Ubud:
- Visit one of the most famous rice paddies in Bali, the gorgeous terraced fields of Tegalalang. These fields are a thing of beauty and many tourists visit them on their Ubud holidays each year.
- Go to see the Pura Taman Saraswati. This gorgeous temple honors Saraswati, the goddess of knowledge, literature and art. This temple is built within a beautiful water garden, so bring your camera with you and get that perfect Ubud holiday photo.
- Take a walk through the Monkey Forest but be careful, these are very cheeky monkeys. The forest is home to a group of Balinese long-tailed macaques, who are not afraid to steal your belongings.
- Visit the nearby village of Petulu at around 5pm to watch thousands of Heron birds returning home from a day at the rice fields. It is said to be a spectacular sight.
- All that sightseeing can take it out of you. Treat yourself to a spa day at one of the many massage and spa salons available. This will recharge your batteries so you can continue to enjoy your holiday in Ubud.
Best time to visit:
Apr-Jun: You'll be ahead of the rush before the busiest part of the dry season come from July to September. Rainfall and humidity aren't the only things that are usually lower; prices can be cheaper too.
As it is close to the equator, temperatures remain fairly constant, sticking close to 30°C for most of the year. During the wet season it is not uncommon for temperatures to drop to 22 degrees.
Ubud’s wet season runs from November – March, and rain can sometimes be torrential during this time. The humidity can make tourists uncomfortable and this is why the wet season is the least popular time to visit, although prices tend to plummet.
- Total Feedback:2
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%
Date:12th June 2016Flight to Denpasar Bali Comment:Just completed the initial booking online, very straightforward and easy to use.
Date:09th February 2016Flight to Denpasar Bali Comment:Good and easy website to use it.