From its rural villages to its cosmopolitan metropolises, China is a destination bubbling with charm. Boasting a colourful culture, unique wildlife, ancient temples, and markets, China holidays are always fascinating.
Things to Do in China
- Spend a couple of days in Beijing. Walk the Great Wall of China, explore the Forbidden City and admire the glittering skyline of China’s vast capital.
- Get lost in the labyrinthine alleys of Lijiang. Cobblestone streets lined with exquisite architecture, this ancient Naxi town is a traveller’s favourite.
- Drop by a Sichuanese teahouse. Fresh tea and a relaxing atmosphere – perfect for unwinding after a long day of sightseeing.
- Animal lovers should visit the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base in Chengdu for a chance to come face to face with these adorable bears. It’s best to go early in the morning to avoid the crowds.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May/Sep-Oct: Chinese weather varies a lot depending on season and area, so consider where you want to go before deciding when to travel. Northern China tends to be far colder than the south, which is generally hot and quite humid.
The best time to visit Beijing and Shanghai is from April to May or October to November, while central China is best travelled from September to October.
Visit during January / early February for the Harbin Ice and Snow Festival. Watch as Harbin transforms into a real-life fairy tale with a month-long festival of colossal ice sculptures, full-scale ice castles and frozen sky scrapers, all illuminated by colourful lights.
Take a trip around February to celebrate the Chinese New Year. Watch various Chinese cities come alive with fireworks, lion dancing, parades, and pageantry.
Why We Love It“China is a great destination. The Forbidden City is great for history buffs, just try not to get lost! The pandas in Chengdu are also a must-see, they're adorable”.
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 1
- Excellent Approval Rating: 25.00%