Hong Kong Holidays
Boasting a glittering skyline and unbelievable shopping, Hong Kong is a cosmopolitan metropolis of soaring skyscrapers and time-honoured tradition.
Things to do in Hong Kong
- Take the Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour and witness the city’s spectacular skyline. Aim to be on the ferry at 8 pm to watch the skyscrapers take part in A Symphony of Lights – a dazzling laser show.
- Stop by DimDimSum to sample their signature dish; Dim Sum – it’s delicious.
- Grab a bargain at the Temple Street Night Market. Selling everything from street food and cheap clothes, to Chinese herbal medicine, this night market is best visited from 6 – 11 pm.
- Take a trip to Lantau Island. Boasting ancient monasteries, secluded beaches and Disneyland, Lantau Island is a must-see on Hong Kong holidays. Be sure to get a photo of the Big Buddha.
Best Time to Visit
Oct-Dec: The weather is comfortably warm and dry. Prices shouldn't be as high as the peak season, but it can be quite busy in early October.
Summers in Hong Kong are hot and rainy, with temperatures climbing above 30°C. Winters are cool and dry with an average temperature of 17°C, however it can suddenly become much colder. September is typhoon season, so it is best avoided.
Take a trip in June / July for the Dragon Boat Festival, featuring boat races, music and delicious food, it makes a great day out for families.
Visit 1st of October for Hong Kong National Day. Watch the city explode into a celebration of parades, flag raisings and the show-stopping firework display at Victoria Harbour.
Christmas is a magical time to visit Hong Kong. The city takes this holiday seriously with the Hong Kong Shopping Festival, Christmas-themed displays during A Symphony of Lights, and decorations everywhere.
Why We Love It“I loved Lantau Island. You can get the ferry over to the island and then a cable car up to the top. It is a very long climb up to the Bid Buddha – almost 300 steps but it is worth it for the views – bring plenty of water!”
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 10
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%