Drifting off the coast of Northeast Asia, Japan is an enthralling destination. From its bustling metropolises, to its serene temples and quaint villages, Japan holidays are a charming combination of new-age modernity and ancient tradition.
Things to do in Japan
- The capital city of Tokyo is a dizzying metropolis of skyscrapers, street markets, and karaoke bars with excitement around every corner.
- Immerse yourself in geisha culture with a Japanese tea ceremony. Gion, in Kyoto is lined with charming tea houses, including our favourite Camellia.
- Pay your respects at Hiroshima. Dedicated to the victims of the A-bomb, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum stands as a poignant reminder of the lives lost in war.
- Go temple-hopping in Kyoto. One of Japan’s prettiest cities, Kyoto is home to over 2000 temples and shrines, as well as a myriad of beautiful gardens.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May: Weather is mild and the cherry blossoms are in bloom; however this is also peak season.If you wish to avoid the crowds, October and November make a great alternative.
Japanese weather varies with each season. Summers are warm and rainy, while winters often bring freezing temperatures and snow.
Visit in February for the Sapporo Winter Festival. Featuring armies of snowmen, gigantic ice sculptures, and full scale frozen palaces, all illuminated by multi-coloured lights – this festival is one for the bucket list.
Take a trip around April for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Watch thousands of cherry blossoms paint parks and streets pink at this world-famous event.
Why We Love It"Japan is one of my favourite destinations. My top picks are Hiroshima and Miyajima, they're very near each other so if you're doing one you can do the other".
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 8
- Excellent Approval Rating: 45.00%
Hopefully all will be fine if it comes to the flights :)