Boasting a colourful culture and a delicious fusion of cuisines, Malaysia holidays are always bursting with excitement. Picture hectic cities, balmy beaches, and ginger orang-utans.
Things to Do in Malaysia
- Capital city Kuala Lumpur is home to the soaring Petronas Towers, explore the colossal shopping malls, and hit the street stalls for some small crafted pieces and tasty eats.
- Sample Malaysia’s appetising cuisine. Ranging from mouth-watering roti – perfect for vegetarians – to spicy Malay curries, Malaysian food is delicious. Wash it down with iced-coffee, condensed-milk tea, mango lassi, or a fresh coconut.
- Visit the Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre in Borneo, for a chance to see these endangered ginger-coloured primates during feeding times.
- Known as the “Jewel of Kedah”, Langkawi is a tropical paradise of luxury resorts, beach bungalows, lush jungle, pristine beaches and sparkling seas.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May: The weather is great and it’s before the summer rush. That said, Malaysia is quite hot and humid all year with daily temperatures lingering around 30°.
Rainy season varies coast to coast, hitting the east coast and Borneo from November to February – the east coast is best avoided at this time – and the west coast from May to October.
Take a trip in January / February for Thaipusam. Watch as thousands flock to the glowing lights of the Batu Cave’s near Kuala Lumpur, and witness brave devotees thread hooks and skewers through their bodies in order to carry favours to the Hindu Gods.
Visit during the summer for the Rainforest World Music Festival. Held annually in the jungle near Kuching, this festival is an opportunity to see indigenous performers alongside musicians from all corners of the earth.
Note that some Malaysians observe Ramadan. So be warned that some restaurants may either be closed or operating reduced hours, during this time.
Why We Love It“Malaysia is a beautiful country. I would recommend a trip to the Cameron Highlands – it’s a stunning place full of tea plantations, strawberry farms, honey bee farms, and even butterfly farms”.
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:4507
- Excellent Approval Rating:98.5%