Langkawi is a cluster of Islands in the Andaman Sea. The holiday destination has been considered a ‘Tropical Paradise’ with its turquoise seas, pristine beaches and jungle-clad hills, this is a place that you don’t want to miss.
Things to do in Langkawi:
- Take a trip to Langkawi Sky Bridge, this 125-meter-long pedestrian bridge offers an amazing yet terrifying view of several islands around Langkawi. An unmissable attraction when on a Langkawi holiday.
- Ride a cable car to the top of Mount Cincang and admire the spectacular view of Langkawi’s rainforest, islets and beautiful waterfalls. This is said to be an unforgettable experience.
- Take the perfect Langkawi holiday family trip to underwater world. Home to over 500 species of sea creatures including; sharks, turtles, penguins and sting rays. It is a great day out for all ages.
- Go scuba diving in Pulau Payar Marine Park, known for its beautiful coral garden. Fishing is strictly forbidden here and permission from local authorities is needed to explore the waters.
- Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls is a popular Langkawi attraction. Simply enjoy the view or if you are looking for some adventure on you Langkawi holiday, visitors can take a dip in the cold water or brave the 45-minute climb to the top of the waterfall.
Best time to visit:
Jan-Mar: This is the main dry season, with long days of sunshine and high temperatures. These temperatures can be as high as 34 degrees and humidity levels also rise at this time of year. This is peak season though, so be warned of higher prices.
Apr-Aug: Skies will be cloudier, but the slight drop in temperature brought about by the rain can make sightseeing easier. Langkawi is quieter at this time of year and flights and accommodation will be cheaper.
Keep in mind that Ramadan occurs during this period so some establishments may close early or could be closed for the entire month of Ramadan.