Myanmar HolidaysFormerly known to the world as Burma, the Southeast Asian nation of Myanmar is a less-trodden path of ancient cultures and temples that would rival Cambodia. With the remote corners of rural Myanmar more accessible than ever, the past few years have seen it emerge as the newest hot spot for off-the-beaten-track adventure.
Things to Do
- Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon is the singular reason for a lot of people to visit Myanmar, with the fascinating history of its temples matched only by their jaw-dropping beauty.
- An intricate work of carved wooden art, Shwenandaw Kyaung (Golden Palace Monastery) was part of the Mandalay Royal Palace, before it was mostly destroyed in World War 2.
- Voted on TripAdvisor as one of the 25 most beautiful beaches in the world in 2017, Ngapali Beach boasts incredibly soft white sand, and plenty of fantastic accommodation.
- With 777 steps up an extinct volcano to the top, Popa Taungkalat monastery stands over the surrounding forests like something out of a fairy tale.
- With countless temples and pagodas scattered across a vast green landscape, the Temples of Bagan are among the most impressive in all of Asia.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Feb: Temperatures start to rise and rainfall becomes less frequent in November, and many of the most popular beaches start preparing for the peak season. Christmas can be a particularly busy time, and in general these months would be the most popular time to visit Myanmar so early booking is essential.
Festivals are frequent and flamboyant in Myanmar, with the Mount Popa Nat Ceremony an annual event in November that draws in people from all corners. Ananda Pagoda Festival happens every year in January as well.
- Total Feedback: 5,258
- Excellent Approval Rating: 77.00%
Date:25th March 2019Flight/Hotel Booking:FUERTEVENTURA-FUERTEVENTURA Comment:Excellent service. Answered my questions and booked my holiday. Friendly efficient and very pleasant.
Date:24th March 2019Hotel/Flight Booking:FUERTEVENTURA-FUERTEVENTURA Comment:easy to understand,and compleat
Date:24th March 2019Flight/Hotel Booking:LANZAROTE-PUERTO DEL CARMEN Comment:Very simple process....vouchers and ticket refs available straight away...
Date:23rd March 2019Hotel/Flight Booking:LANZAROTE-LANZAROTE Comment:Celine was amazing to deal with . It was stress free . She quickly provided us with the options and organised the booking for us . Nothing was a hasstle for her . Will be dealing with her again for sure
Date:22nd March 2019Hotel Booking:DUBAI MARINA Comment:YES I recommend Go - Hop all the time