A vast metropolis with a sublime city skyline, Singapore is one of those must-see holiday destinations. Singapore holidays offer a booming arts scene, non-stop clubbing, and first rate shopping.
Things to Do in Singapore
- Shop ‘til you drop on Orchard Road. Think Oxford Street and Fifth Avenue combined into one massive shopping mecca.
- Pay a night-time visit to the Singapore Zoo to spot the nocturnal wildlife, or visit during the day to come within inches of the freely roaming fauna.
- Sample some delicious Singapore street food from the hawkers stalls of Chinatown and Lau Pa Sat. We recommend the chilli crab for carnivores and fried carrot cake – a savoury dish of white radish, garlic and chilli – for vegetarians.
- Take a trip to Sentosa Island, Singapore’s popular resort getaway. Here you can tour Universal Studios, explore the theme park or place a bet at the casino.
Best Time to Visit
Jun-Aug: The best weather, however this is peak season so prices may be higher. April is probably the best time to visit Singapore as there is little rain and it’s between peak seasons. The weather in Singapore is hot throughout the year however.
Take a trip in January / February to ring in the Chinese New Year with a fortnight-long festival of colourful chaos. Be warned, this is peak season so expect crowds and higher hotel prices.
Visit around October for the Thimithi Firewalking Festival. An annual event where hundreds of Hindus walk across hot coals in a show of devotion to the goddess Draupadi. The Thimithi Festival takes place at the Sri Mariamman Temple in – strangely enough – Chinatown.
Why We Love It“I loved Singapore. It’s so big and busy, yet so clean! The food and the shopping are incredible. Orchard Road is a must-do for shopaholics like myself”.
Jennifer Kearney, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 12
- Excellent Approval Rating: 100.00%