The Philippines Holidays
7000 tropical islands of swaying palm trees and white sands, the Philippines is an enchanting destination with a unique culture. From its massive shopping malls to its quaint villages, Philippines holidays are bound to impress any traveller.
Things to Do in the Philippines
- Explore Manila, the Philippines’ colossal, chaotic capital. Be dazzled by the city’s skyline, shop ‘til you drop in Manila’s vast shopping malls, or indulge in a yummy halo-halo.
- Discover the Philippines’ picturesque beaches. Perfect for island-hopping, scuba diving, or surfing. Travellers’ favourites include the sugar-white beaches of Boracay and Palawan – renowned for its crystalline emerald seas.
- Trek into the Philippines’ gorgeous countryside. Wander through scenic rice paddies, hike Mount Pinatubo, roam the Chocolate Hills of Bohol, or visit the eerie hanging coffins of Echo Valley.
- Head to Bohol to glimpse the endearingly wide-eyed tarsier. These adorable animals can be very light-sensitive so make sure you don't use the flash on your camera if you're taking any photos.
Best Time to Visit
Jan-May: It's quite hot and quite humid all year in the Philippines, but this would be when things are usually at their most comfortable. Daily temperatures lingering between 25 and 32°.
From November to February coastal areas experience sea breezes, so travel during these months if you would rather a milder heat. Typhoon season runs from July to October and is best avoided.
Visit in January for the Ati-Atihan Festival. Held in Kalibo, Ati-Atihan is a week-long street party featuring loud drumming, indigenous dress, tribal dance, and Catholic ritual, in honour of the infant Jesus.
Take a trip mid-May for the Obando Fertility Festival of Bulacan. In the hopes of conceiving a baby, each year childless couples dance down the street and into the local church where they attend a mass dedicated to the town’s three patron saints.
Why We Love It“I really love the Philippines. Manila is crazy and so busy, but the rest of the country is a complete contrast. The beaches and small islands are just bliss”.
Andre Migliarina, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 17
- Excellent Approval Rating: 29.33%
It was great value