Western Australia’s charming capital, Perth boasts a laidback lifestyle. Perth holidays are loaded with glitzy skyscrapers, manicured greens, golden beaches, and trendy wine bars.
Things to Do in Perth
- One of the biggest parks in the world, King’s Park offers incredible views of Perth’s pretty cityscape.
- Try wine and tapas at Andaluz, or go for vintage cocktails and tiki décor at Hula Bula. Personally, we love the 1920’s speakeasy-feel of Ezra Pound Bar.
- Take a wine-tasting tour of Swan Valley. Australia’s oldest wine region has over 40 vineyards and various cellar doors offering wine tastings.
- Meet the quokkas on Rottnest Island. This car-free island boasts gorgeous beaches, coral reefs, and is home to the quokka – an adorable marsupial found only in Western Australia.
Best Time to Visit
Mar-May: The weather is lovely and there are numerous events taking place across the city as part of the Perth Autumn Festival; Think local markets, outdoor concerts, vintage weekends and harvest parties.
With average temperatures ranging from 13° in July and 25° in January, the city doesn’t tend to get too hot or cold. Winters (June to September) can be rainy, while summers are hot, dry and sunny.
Music lovers should check out the West Coast Blues and Roots Festival. Held around March/April this two-day festival features local and international acts. Past events have even seen music legends such as Bob Dylan, Paul Simon and Elvis Costello.
Foodies should visit mid-May for the Taste of Perth Festival held each year in Langley Park. With various restaurants showcasing their top eats, as well as wine and beer tastings, this is food heaven.
Why We Love It“Perth is a really cool city, it’s so far away from Australia’s other major cities but it’s worth a visit. The nightlife is lively, the beaches are lovely, and the waves are great for surfing.”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:11
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%