An iconic skyline, a glitzy waterfront, and an unrivalled collection of Maori and Pacific Island artefacts; Auckland holidays offer metropolitan glamour and year-round outdoor adventure.
Things to Do in Auckland
- Travel to top of the Sky Tower to take in the panoramic city views. Thrill seekers can also try the extreme Sky Walk or, for a real adrenaline rush, the Sky Jump!
- Boasting naturalistic habitats and a collection of well-cared for animals, Auckland Zoo is renowned as the best in the country.
- Vulcan Lane is Auckland’s chic culinary hotspot. Our favourite haunt here is Vultures’ Lane – think craft beer and tacos.
- Blue seas, tropical forests, and rainbow of native birdlife; Tiritiri Matangi Island is a bird-lover’s paradise. Take a tour through the trees while listening to the chorus of birdsong and photographing these flightless fowls.
Best Time to Visit
Oct-Apr: Probably the best time to visit Auckland, but be warned December to March is also high season. May to August tends to experience the most rainfall, while December to March are the driest months.
Auckland weather tends to be warm and temperate all year-round, with temperatures ranging from 11° in July to 20° in January.
Take a trip around the second Sunday in February for Big Gay Out; a festive gala of music, comedy, and drag held in each year in Coyle Park.
Visit in March for the Auckland Festival. Held every odd-numbered year, Auckland Festival is two weeks of arts, featuring everything from ballet to street performers throughout the city.
Why We Love It“I cannot recommend the Sky Tower enough. When I was in Auckland I did the Sky Jump and it was one of the most exciting experiences of my life.”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 12
- Excellent Approval Rating: 100.00%