As New Zealand’s craft beer and coffee capital, Wellington offers various city tours usually involving some sort of food. Think vintage trams, pretty parks, and a stunning waterfront on your Wellington holidays.
Things to Do in Wellington
- Go for a ride in one of Wellington’s classic cable cars. These pretty red trams are the best way of exploring the city and offer some incredible views of Wellington Harbour and the Botanic Gardens.
- Go stargazing at the Carter Observatory. See an entirely different night sky in the Southern hemisphere. Telescope viewings are held Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday nights.
- Lined with quirky cafes, bohemian bars, and vintage shops, Cuba Street is a haunt favoured by local artists. Check out the Friday Night Market!
- Take a trip to the Zealandia Sanctuary in Kaori. A fantastic project aimed at returning this area to pre-human conditions, Zealandia offers the chance to spot native birdlife.
Best Time to Visit
Nov-Apr: The weather is usually warm, with average temperatures between 14° and 19°. However be warned, December to February is peak season. May to October tends to be a lot cooler and rainier.
Wellington weather tends to remain quite mild all year round with average temperatures lingering between 10° and 19°.
Beer lovers should visit mid-August for Beervana, Wellington’s epic craft beer festival. With over 200 delicious craft beers on offer, this beer festival is not to be missed!
Lovers of all things ridiculous should check out Flaming Nora’s Cavalcade of Tomfoolery. Held in late September, this soiree sees locals dress up in costume and head down to Wellington’s waterfront for a night-long party. Best part: it’s free! Just make sure you register.
Why We Love It“I love Wellington, I would recommend taking a food or craft beer tour; it’s a great way to see the city. Movie buffs can get a Lord of the Rings location tour.”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%
Always the best price for flights
Have used a few times now and would definitely recommend