Residing in the charming Canadian flatlands and boasting a thriving theatre scene and year-round festival calendar, Saskatoon is bursting with entertainment.
Things to Do in Saskatoon
- Visit the Wanuskewin Heritage Center, one of Canada’s best First Nations sites, and sample some First Nations food, mingle with the First Nations people and hike the heritage trail around the site.
- Spend an evening in the buzzing Broadway District. Head to Bud’s for a gig, or have dinner in Calories – where Saskatoon local Joni Mitchell played her first show.
- Sample a saskatoon at the Saskatoon Farmers’ Market. Saskatoon was originally named after a rather delicious local berry, a must-try when in town.
- Hike the Meewasin Valley Trail. Winding along the South Saskatchewan River; and curving through parks, forests and historical sites; “Meewasin” is Cree for beautiful and this hiking trail lives up to its name.
Best Time to Visit
Sep-Oct: The weather is quite chilly, but the changing colour of the leaves makes the city undeniably beautiful. Summers tend to be quite warm and humid, with temperatures lingering between 15°C and 25°C. Winters often bring snow and freezing temperatures dropping as cold as -25°C.
Take a trip in July / August for the PotashCorp Fringe Theatre Festival. Held in the Broadway District, the PotashCorp Festival features a myriad music artists and avant-garde theatre.
Late July / August is also the time to visit for the Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan Festival, when Shakespearean plays are performed in tents on the river bank near the Mendel Art Gallery.
Why We Love It“Saskatoon is a pretty cool place to explore. It has some great restaurants and bars. The scenery is gorgeous especially along the Meewasin Valley Trail – a must-do on your visit”.
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 6
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%
Date:20th June 2014Flight to Saskatoon Comment:Easy to use the website, but was very disappointed that I could not reserve my seats , maybe this could be looked into as I always need a window seat whenever possible.
Date:21st May 2014Flight to Saskatoon Comment:Straightforward process, everything went smoothly.
Date:04th May 2014Flight to Saskatoon Comment:Good, quick and easy
Date:06th October 2013Flight to Saskatoon Comment:Very helpful and friendly staff. By far the cheapest flights I've found
Date:03rd July 2013Flight to Saskatoon Comment:An excellent Irish based company but unable to book flights recently due to what I believe is a fault with their calendar date system