Set on the azure blue ocean front, Vancouver is the Metropolitan city that has it all. Picture bustling big city vibes meets the great outdoors on your holidays to Vancouver.
Things to Do in Vancouver
- Cycle through the famed Stanley Park by the waterside and don’t forget your togs if it’s summer time, the path ends up at the super chilled out Kitsilano Beach.
- Experience jaw-dropping scenery on the Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230 feet in the air, and hike 850 metres up “Mother Nature’s Stairmaster” to the top of Grouse Mountain.
- You have to head to the Blue Water Café & Raw Bar for the city’s best shucked oysters, sushi and fresh scallops. It’s the best seafood in Vancouver, hands down.
- Take a day trip to Vancouver Island and experience the spectacular wildlife. See real life killer orca whales, take a guided trip to see the grizzly bears and go swimming with salmon.
Best Time to Visit
Jun-Aug: If you want to experience the warmth of the Canadian sun, temperatures rise to around 23°C with very little rainfall. Be warned that prices will spike during this peak season, so book well in advance.
Dec-Feb: If winter sports like skiing and snowboarding are your thing, then this would be the best time to visit. Temperatures drop and snow descends on the mountains, so conditions are perfect for winter lovers.
Every year Vancouver city goes wild for Canada Day on July 1st. There’s a waterfront party, street parades and magnificent fireworks on this celebration of all things Canadian!
The Vancouver Fringe Festival is a really exciting time to holiday in Vancouver. It takes place in September every year on Granville Island and celebrates every form of theatre, from comedy shows to dramatic theatre performances.
If you’re a fan of street parades then you will be very intrigued by Vancouver’s Pride Week. Home to the city’s largest street parade, the city comes alive with singing, dancing and colourful celebrations.
Why We Love It“One day you’re shopping your life away on Robson Street and the next day you’re metres away from a real-life giant grizzly bear, it’s one of the most diverse holiday destinations in the world if you ask me.”
Orla Tooher, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 5,314
- Excellent Approval Rating: 95.67%
Thanks so much