As Mexico’s most famous resort, Cancun is more than just beautiful beaches and non-stop partying. Why not explore the Mayan ruins and local markets while on your Cancun holidays?
Things to Do in Cancun
- For authentic Cancun, head into the city. Test your haggling skills at Market 23 and Market 28, dine at Checandole – our favourite Mexican restaurant – and then take in some local reggae at El Capucino.
- Explore the El Rey Ruins. Dating back to the 10th century, these Mayan ruins offer an interesting insight into this ancient culture. The El Rey Ruins are also a favourite sunbathing spot for giant iguanas.
- Snorkel through the Underwater Museum. Residing in the waters off the coast of Cancun, this underwater museum features over 450 original sculptures.
- Lounge on a beach. The beaches in Cancun are a postcard-worthy scene of soft white sands, drenched in sunshine, studded with swaying palm trees, and surrounded by seas of every shade of blue imaginable.
Best Time to Visit
Apr-May: There are fewer crowds and the weather is great, what's not to love? Temperatures peak in August at 33°C and drop to 23°C in January. July and August are the busiest months so expect crowds. Cancun weather can be wet and windy during September and October due to the hurricane season, so consider yourself warned!
Like the rest of Mexico, Cancun celebrates the Day of the Dead with great gusto. Loud bands, cemetery parties, and lots of colour fill the city on the 1st of November to commemorate the deceased.
Why we love it“Cancun is gorgeous. Stunning white sandy beaches, crystal blue seas and the food is amazing. All Inclusive is definitely the way to go. It’s the perfect Honeymoon Destination!”
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 11
- Excellent Approval Rating: 30.33%
I process the booking the second time and everything was OK. When I gave the feedback the lady should of accept it but kept referring me to the t and c.