Famous for its tropical beaches and tequila, Mexico is popular with party animals. However with its colourful culture, Mayan pyramids, and bustling markets, Mexico holidays offer more than just beaches and bars.
Things to Do in Mexico
- Explore the ancient Mayan ruins. Visit the vast complex of Chichen Itza, photograph the majestic Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacan, or discover the otherworldly jungle-shrouded ruins of Palenque.
- Gorge on Mexican cuisine. Flavoured with tomato, avocado, chilli and lime, Mexican food is delicious. We recommend ordering a breakfast of huevos a la Mexicana – eggs scrambled with tomato, onion, and chilli.
- Shop ‘til you drop. Whether it be browsing the colourful textiles at the Oaxaca markets, shopping for silver at Taxco, or buying handicrafts in Mexico City, Mexico is bursting with shopping opportunities.
- Lounge on sun-soaked sands of the Caribbean coast. With the gorgeous beaches of Cancun and Playa del Carmen to choose from, you’ll have to just flip a coin.
Best Time to Visit
Dec-Mar: The fantastic weather does make this the busiest time of year, but don't let that put you off. Simply booking a bit in advance should help you avoid the highest prices, but be warned it gets particularly busy in late March.
Mexico tends to be hot and sunny all year round, especially along the coast. Mountainous areas tend to remain cooler, and can get quite cold from November to January. Be warned, the Caribbean coast can get windy during September due to the hurricane season.
Take a trip on the 16th of September for Mexico’s Independence Day and watch the cities transform into a dizzying spectacle of parades, marching bands, music and fireworks.
Visit on the 1st and 2nd of November for the Day of the Dead. Watch towns and cities come alive with street fiestas, paper-mache skeletons, and graveyard picnics in celebration of the deceased – it’s not to be missed!
Why we love it“Mexico is an incredible destination. The beaches, the culture, and the food – the food is amazing! It's one of my favourite destinations for honeymoon couples.”
Becci Franklin, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 4
- Excellent Approval Rating: 25.00%
I had a terrible experience with another e- travel agency who sold me a ticket with very few time for connections and it was a nightmare of a journey. I lost one connection, got cero refund from it etc.
I liked that it was very quick with you buying the flights and this time I checked the details of the flight connections and times.