Once believed to be the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, Cyprus boasts immense natural beauty. Mediterranean beaches, a rich history, and a pulsating nightlife, make Cyprus holidays ideal breaks.
Things to Do in Cyprus
- Tour the historical sites. Visit the colourful painted churches of the Troodos Mountains, pretty Ayios Lazarus in Larnaka, and check out the Kata Paphos Archaeological Park.
- Sample some of Cyprus’ delicious dishes. With Turkish, Greek and Middle-Eastern influences. With hummus, halloumi, moussaka, and tasty desserts, you are bound to find something to satisfy your appetite.
- Discover the country’s wonderful wildlife. Cyprus’ north and south beaches hold some of the last Mediterranean nesting areas of green and loggerhead turtles, while the increasingly rare mouflan – handsome horned mountain sheep – dwell in Paphos Forest.
- Laze on gorgeous beaches. Soft sands, warm turquoise seas, and beautiful scenery, Cyprus beaches are irresistible. Our favourite is Fig Tree Bay near Protaras.
Best Time to Visit
Cyprus weather tends to vary throughout the year. Temperatures can reach up to 30° in July and August, while winters are much cooler and often rainy.
The best time to visit Cyprus would be from April to June, when there are fewer crowds, the weather is lovely, and the whole island is in bloom.
Cyprus holidays are best planned from April to October as some flights and hotels cease running during the winter months.
Visit Cyprus during Easter – the biggest event on the Eastern Orthodox calendar. On Easter Sunday and Monday many villages host celebrations of traditional food, games, and music – generally all are welcome.
Take a trip in June for the Shakespeare Festival. Watch Shakespeare performances in the ancient amphitheatre of Kourion in aid of the Society for Chest Diseases.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4496
- Excellent Approval Rating:97%