Lying along the southern coast of Cyprus and boasting an impressive collection of ancient ruins, Paphos is a charming holiday destination for sun-worshipers, history buffs, and nature lovers.
Things to Do in Paphos
- History lovers should check out Paphos’ beautiful historic sites. The Kato Paphos Archaeological Park, the House of Dionysus, and Ayios Neophytos Monastery, are our top picks.
- Sample some authentic Mediterranean cuisine in the Windmill Restaurant – just be sure to book a table as it fills up fast.
- Top up your tan on some of Cyprus’ prettiest beaches. Our favourite Paphos stretch of sands is the beautiful St George Beach.
- See endangered turtles at the Lara Bay Turtle Conservation Station. Late July until late September is the best time to see hatching turtles make their way to the sea.
Best Time to Visit
Paphos weather boasts the sun-filled summers and cool winters typical to a Mediterranean climate.
Summers experience temperatures averaging around 25°, while winters are normally about 13° with a few rainy days. Probably the best time to visit Paphos would be late September or October if you want to take advantage of the sunshine but avoid large crowds.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4504
- Excellent Approval Rating:97%