Lying along the Cote d’Azur, Nice is the capital of the French Rivera. With its selection of sun-soaked beaches and art museums, Nice holidays are perfect for sun-seekers and culture vultures alike.
Things to Do in Nice
- Get lost in the winding streets of Vieux Nice. Lined with chic cafes, boutique shops and art galleries, Vieux Nice is charming during the day and buzzing at night.
- Sample a beer sorbet at Fenocchio, our favourite Nice ice-cream parlour.
- Explore Nice’s fascinating art museums. Be sure to see the Pop Art exhibits in the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art – it’s our top pick.
- Watch the sunset over Promenade de Anglais. Built in 1812, this gorgeous boardwalk is lined with palm trees and art deco buildings – perfect for an evening stroll.
Best Time to Visit
Nice weather tends to remain quite mild all year round. Winters are more cool than cold, while summers are warm and sunny with average temperatures lingering between 21 and 24°.
The weather in Nice is perfect for lazing on sun-kissed beaches from late May to September. The rest of the year is cooler and quite rainy so it’s best to avoid this time if sunbathing is your main objective.
In February Nice hosts its own Carnival. A fortnight of parades, fireworks, music and dance, the Nice Carnival is a true spectacle. Be warned that this is a popular time for visitors so book accommodation well in advance.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%