Known as the “City of Lights”, Paris is a city of romance and culture. Whether it’s a weekend city break or a week-long retreat, Paris holidays are always a good idea.
Things to Do in Paris
- Spend a day touring the city’s museums and galleries. The Louvre, Centre Pompidou, and the Musée de l'Orangerie – make sure you see Claude Monet’s masterpiece the Water Lilies – are our top picks.
- Drop by Shakespeare and Company. A small but charming independent bookstore, Shakespeare and Company is mecca for book lovers. If this is you, also check out the Hemingway Bar in the Ritz.
- Browse the stalls at the St-Ouen flea market. Paris’ grandest flea market, St-Ouen is lined with quirky antiques all kinds of trinkets – be sure to haggle as the prices are quite high.
- Stop for a coffee at Café des Deux Moulins. Movie buffs may recognise this spot from the French film Amelie. If you would rather somewhere with an art scene, try La Palette, a former haunt of Picasso.
Best Time to Visit
Paris weather varies throughout the year. Summers are warm – with temperatures up to 25° – while winters are cold with the chance of snow in December and January.
One constant of Paris weather is the rain. If you’re hoping to avoid the rainfall, August and September are the driest months. However a couple of showers shouldn’t deter you from visiting this city.
Time your trip to Paris around the first Sunday of the month when most of the tourist attractions and museums are free of charge.
Visit Paris on the 14th July and witness the city blast into a dazzling explosion of fireworks, colour and lights in celebration of Bastille Day.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%