Sometimes referred to as the “Cradle of Civilisation”, Athens is a city steeped in history and legend. Brimming with tourist attractions, ancient temples, crumbling ruins, sandy beaches, cool cafes, modern bars, restaurants, and museums, Athens holidays are truly one of a kind.
Things to Do in Athens
- Explore Athens’ ancient sites. Visit Agora, the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Temple of Zeus, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, and the Panathenaic Stadium – location of the first Olympic Games in 1896.
- Pay a visit to the Sea Turtle Rescue Centre in Glyfada. Perfect for animal lovers and families, this rescue centre aims to rehabilitate injured sea turtles.
- Discover the city’s cooler side. Trendy cafes, artsy neighbourhoods and a vibrant nightlife, Athens may be ancient but it’s also incredibly modern.
- Drop by the Monastiraki Flea Market. The perfect place for picking up some jewellery and souvenirs, this market is open every day.
Best Time to Visit
Athens weather is perfect in the months of April and May. Summer months can get uncomfortably hot while the winter months can be chilly and rainy.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%
Date:22nd October 2016Flight to Athens Comment:great service from a great travel-agent