The largest of the Greek Islands, Crete offers a diverse range of holidays. From the hectic resort towns in the north to the charming villages in the east, Crete holidays boast endless beaches, beautiful caves, tourist attractions, markets, clubs, bars, and restaurants.
Things to Do in Crete
- Lounge on Crete’s finest beaches. Matala Beach and Vai Beach, are two beauties, but there are plenty more stretches of sand perfect for sunbathing
- Discover the island’s rich history. Home to Europe’s earliest civilisation, the Minoans, Crete boasts a selection of ancient archaeological sites. Be sure to visit Knossos Palace, Phaestos and Ayia Triadha.
- Party ‘til dawn. Crete is packed with bars and clubs making it an ideal destination for holidays full of drinking and dancing. If this is not for you, then we would advise you to steer clear of the northern resorts, as they tend to house most of the mayhem.
- Go wine tasting. The central and eastern regions boast a number of lush vineyards, so spend a day on a wine tasting tour.
Best Time to Visit
Crete weather tends to be even better than mainland Greece with its summers lasting longer, usually running from May to November.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4503
- Excellent Approval Rating:97%
Date:25th October 2016Holiday to Reus Spain.. Comment:Great service . Lovely people
Date:25th October 2016Flight to New Delhi Comment:The gohop website is totally user friendly and prices for both flight and hotel are always good, in my experience. I have rang the office on a few occasions and ringing response time is quick and the staff are always informative and very pleasant - hence, I return again and again!
Date:25th October 2016Tailor-Made Hol to Port Elizabeth South Africa.. Comment:Everything was exactly as go hop promised
Date:25th October 2016Holiday to Cochin India.. Comment:All very efficient and friendly service. Orla was excellent and very easy to deal with.
Date:25th October 2016Holiday to Nairobi Kenya.. Comment:Excellent communications from Gohop & very flexible when making booking. Catered well for my requests.