The largest of the Greek Islands, Crete offers a diverse range of holidays. From the hectic resort towns in the north to the charming villages in the east, Crete holidays boast endless beaches, beautiful caves, tourist attractions, markets, clubs, bars, and restaurants.
Things to Do in Crete
- Lounge on Crete’s finest beaches. Matala Beach and Vai Beach, are two beauties, but there are plenty more stretches of sand perfect for sunbathing
- Discover the island’s rich history. Home to Europe’s earliest civilisation, the Minoans, Crete boasts a selection of ancient archaeological sites. Be sure to visit Knossos Palace, Phaestos and Ayia Triadha.
- Party ‘til dawn. Crete is packed with bars and clubs making it an ideal destination for holidays full of drinking and dancing. If this is not for you, then we would advise you to steer clear of the northern resorts, as they tend to house most of the mayhem.
- Go wine tasting. The central and eastern regions boast a number of lush vineyards, so spend a day on a wine tasting tour.
Best Time to Visit
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 5,245
- Excellent Approval Rating: 32.33%