Surrounded by blue-green seas and laced ancient mythology, Greece is a captivating destination. Laden with sun-soaked beaches and crumbling temples Greece holidays are the ultimate escape.
Things to Do in Greece
- Spend some time exploring ancient Athens. Visit the Temple of Zeus, the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Temple of Athena and Erechtheion. If you’re hoping to see more of ancient Greece, head to Nafplio, Olympia, and Kalambaka.
- Go island hopping. Greece is famous for its dazzling Cyclades Islands, and with Santorini, Mykonos, Ios and Naxos to choose from, why pick just one?
- Discover Greece’s gorgeous cuisine. With fresh ingredients such as olive oil, feta cheese, aubergine, and sea food, Greek food is delicious.
- Laze on a beach. Pale gold sands, sparkling blue seas, with beautiful backdrops of lush hills and rocky terrains, Greek beaches are divine.
Best Time to Visit
Greece weather tends to be quite mild all year round. Summers are hot, dry and often crowed, with daytime temperatures rising to 30° – 35°. Winters are quite mild, however most of the facilities on the islands begin to close around this time.
Probably the best time to visit Greece would be around May and early June, when the weather is hot and the summer rush has yet to hit the islands.
Visit on the 6th of January for the religious Epiphany Festival; where a local priest tosses a crucifix into the sea and Greek men dive into the cold waters in an attempt to retrieve it.
Take a trip to Athens during June / July for the Rockwave Festival. One of the country’s biggest summer events, Rockwave attracts acts and attendees from around the globe. Be warned this is also peak season so book well in advance.
Pay a visit from mid-June to early September for the Hellenic Festival in Athens. Featuring a selection of musical and theatrical performances this event draws a crowd. Epidaurus on the Peloponnese also plays host to a smaller Hellenic Festival from July to August.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 3
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%