Resting off the southwest coast of Greece, Zakynthos is the southernmost of the Ionian Islands. Loaded with picturesque beaches, lush forests, crumbling churches, ancient monasteries, markets, bars, and restaurants, Zakynthos holidays have something to suit all personalities.
Things to Do in Zakynthos
- Tour the island’s cultural highlights, such as the Venetian Castle, the Monastery of Panagia Skopiotissa, Anafonitria Monastery, St Denis’ Church, and the Old Town.
- Explore Navagio Beach (Smugglers’ Cove). See Panagiotis, the vast shipwreck rusting in the middle of the beach and sail through the – astonishingly blue – blue caves.
- Pay a visit to Kalamaki Crazy Golf. Fun for adults and kids alike, this amusing golf course is a great day out for families.
- Spot the endangered loggerhead turtles in Laganas Bay. Laganas Bay is one of the key breeding sites to these creatures so please be extra careful if you are visiting the protected beaches, especially at night!
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 5,244
- Excellent Approval Rating: 99.00%
Thanks so much