Things to do in Milan
- Tour the Duomo Milano. The cathedral is one of the biggest landmarks in Milan, and tourists can get fantastic views of the city by climbing to its roof. There is also a museum within the cathedral, but book your ticket beforehand to skip the ques as they can be quite long!
- Travel to the beautiful lakes of northern Italy. It is quite easy to get from Milan to Lake Como or Lake Garda by train or bus, but renting a car might give you a better chance to explore the surrounding area.
- Have a night at the opera. The opera is a major part of Italian culture, and Milan is no different to the rest of the country. The famous La Scala Opera House has a rich history, and while tickets are expensive, lovers of the arts should not miss the chance to see a performance.
- Choose from some of the best shopping districts in Europe. The Quadrilatero d’Oro (Golden Rectangle) is the ultimate shopping location. The area gets its name from the four shopping streets that surround it, and it’s quite easy to spend an entire day simply browsing through them.
Best time to visit
July and August tend to be the hottest months, but the weather usually stays around 20°C in both May and September. It isn’t really seen as a summer destination, so it might not get the same increase in tourists during peak season. That being said, May or September probably make the most sense as it is not as unbearably hot as late summer.
Why we love it
- Total Feedback:4495
- Excellent Approval Rating:48.5%