Things to do in Rome
- Marvel at Michelangelo’s magnificent ceiling in the Sistine chapel, one of the finest works of art in Europe.
- Step back into the bloody history of the Roman Empire by touring the famous Colosseum of Rome. As this is one of Rome’s busiest spots, it would be recommended to book this as early as possible.
- Throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain for good luck. It’s estimated that about €3,000 are thrown into it every day, even if you don’t want to add to that it remains a sight not to be missed!
- If you are looking for something more spiritual, visit the centre of the Catholic Church for a chance to see the Pope. He reads a public mass on Wednesdays and Sundays whenever he is in Rome.
- For those more interested in renowned Italian fashion, the Via Del Corso or Via Nazionale have a fantastic selection of high street shops.
Best time to visit
In terms of both weather, and the number of people, May or September tend to be the best times to visit. The ques tend to be shorter for the many different attractions as there are less people. Picking either of these months would skip the highest temperatures of July and August, yet still reach around 21°C. Many prefer the hotter months, but sightseeing in the heat can be difficult to handle.
Why we love it
- Total Feedback:4496
- Excellent Approval Rating:48.5%