Boasting crumbling ruins, picturesque churches, sun-drenched beaches, atmospheric restaurants, and the beautiful backdrop of Mount Edna, Taormina holidays offer an incredible escape.
Things to Do in Taormina
- Be sure to visit the Teatro Greco Romano. This ancient Greek theatre of Taormina offers breath-taking views of Mount Edna and often hosts music concerts during the summer months.
- Stroll around Corso Umberto (the main pedestrian street of Taormina), where you’ll find plenty of souvenir shops, boutiques, and gelato bars.
- Sample the best granita in Sicily at BamBar. A granita is a delicious half-frozen dessert and must-try on Sicily holidays.
- Wander the Taormina Cathedral Square and tour its namesake church. This beautiful Gothic-style cathedral is bound to impress any lover of fine architecture.
Best Time to Visit
Taormina weather experiences a typical Mediterranean climate with mild winters and hot summer temperatures reaching over 30°.
The best time to visit Taormina is either May, September, or October as the weather is beautiful and it’s just outside the crowded summer months.
Take a trip during August when there are a number of live concerts and theatrical events held in the Greek Theatre of Taormina.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:1
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%
I even rang your office for help, and your sales person Celine was excellent.Mary if you have any trouble doing your booking just come back to me no problem. Could not give Gohop.ie enough praise.
WIll let you know about our holiday on return.
Best of luck to your team.
I will be repeating my bookings with you.