Laced in a rich history and boasting extraordinary natural beauty, Malta is a Mediterranean jewel. With pristine beaches, ancient ruins, and exquisite architecture, Malta holidays are captivating.
Things to Do in Malta
- Get lost in the cobblestone streets of Valletta. Malta’s capital is brimming with yellow limestone architecture, colourful balconies, and historical sites. Shopaholics should check out the morning street market on Merchant Street.
- Boasting soft white sands and glimmering green-blue seas, Malta’s beaches are recognised as some of the finest in Europe. Try Paradise Bay in the north, or the Blue Lagoon in Comino.
- Tour the island’s historical architecture. From the megalithic Mnajdra Temples in Qrendi to the beautifully preserved buildings of medieval Mdina, Malta’s architecture is bound to captivate any history lover.
- Take a cruise to Gozo and Comino. Tour the ancient capital Victoria, swim in the crystalline Blue Lagoon, and see the Azure Window – you may recognise it from Game of Thrones!
Best Time to Visit
May or Sep: You can experience the sunshine, but miss the biggest crowds. Your holidaty might work out slightly cheaper too. That said, generally speaking Malta holidays are great any time of the year. Malta's weather tends to remain quite mild and sunny all year. Summer temperatures can reach above 30°C while winter temperatures usually linger around 14°C.
Take a trip at Easter for a weekend of religious parades. Good Friday sees locals take to the streets for the Passion of the Christ, while Easter Sunday is a time of celebration, involving a statue of the Risen Christ being triumphantly carried back into the church to festive music.
Visit Valletta at the end of April for the Malta Fireworks Festival, where you will witness various firework companies compete in dazzling displays of pyrotechnics. This is sure to impress anyone.
Why We Love It“Malta is a gorgeous destination. The beaches in Gozo and Comino are made for Instagram, and Valletta is a really beautiful city. Buses are crazy cheap – about 80 cent return – so it’s really easy to explore the island.”
Sinead McGrane, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 8
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%