Faro has a different atmosphere compared to the busy resorts in the west of the Algarve. It is an important Portuguese city. It has many bars, restaurants and cafés. However, Faro is not overrun by tourists. Enjoy some scenic views and peace and quiet on a Faro holiday.
Things to do in Faro:
- Visit Praia de Faro, this gorgeous beach has miles of golden sand, clear water and a handful of cafés on the promenade. It’s the perfect place to unwind on a Faro holiday.
- Experience some culture and history when you visit ‘Cidade Velha’. This is the oldest part of the city, follow the narrow cobbled street through the ancient town. Admire the architecture and storks nesting on the rooftops.
- ‘Se Cathedral’ is the main attraction of Faro’s old town. This gothic church dates back to the 13th century but unfortunately it was damaged during an earthquake in the 18th century and now only the tower and doorway remain.
- Treat yourself to something nice on your holiday in Faro. Faro is home to some world class shopping facilities. Whether its food, drink, designer clothes or high street brands your looking for, Faro has it all.
Best time to Visit:
- Total Feedback: 311
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.00%