Resting on the southernmost tip of Portugal, the Algarve offers more than your average beach destination. From its Instagram-worthy beaches to its buzzing bars, Algarve holidays are the perfect escape.
Things to Do in the Algarve
- Laze on the sun-soaked beaches. Golden sands, turquoise seas and the stunning backdrop of ochre cliffs, the Algarve’s beaches are irresistible.
- Discover the beautiful buildings. Boasting quaint villages, crumbling churches and whitewashed houses, the Algarve is so much more than just beaches and bars.
- Surf some serious waves. Famous for its crashing waves, the Algarve acts as a mecca to surfers all over the world, with Lagos being the hottest surf spot.
- Explore the area by mountain bike. Boasting a number of biking trails, the Algarve offers fantastic cycling opportunities.
Best Time to Visit
Algarve weather is generally warmer than the rest of Portugal. Boasting a Mediteranean climate, the Algarve tends to have milder winters and even sunnier summers than the rest of the country.
Visit the Algarve in February for Carnival, a celebration marking the day before Ash Wednesday. Expect to see costumes, colour and lots of dancing at this show-stopping spectacle.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:128
- Excellent Approval Rating:98%