Resting on the southernmost tip of Portugal, the Algarve offers more than your average beach destination. From its Instagram-worthy beaches to its buzzing bars, Algarve holidays are the perfect escape.
Things to Do in the Algarve
- Laze on the sun-soaked beaches. Golden sands, turquoise seas and the stunning backdrop of ochre cliffs, the Algarve’s beaches are irresistible.
- Discover the beautiful buildings. Boasting quaint villages, crumbling churches and whitewashed houses, the Algarve is so much more than just beaches and bars.
- Surf some serious waves. Famous for its crashing waves, the Algarve acts as a mecca to surfers all over the world, with Lagos being the hottest surf spot.
- Explore the area by mountain bike. Boasting a number of biking trails, the Algarve offers fantastic cycling opportunities.
Best Time to Visit
Algarve weather is generally warmer than the rest of Portugal. Boasting a Mediteranean climate, the Algarve tends to have milder winters and even sunnier summers than the rest of the country.
For further information on Algarve weather see Portugal weather.
Visit the Algarve in February for Carnival, a celebration marking the day before Ash Wednesday. Expect to see costumes, colour and lots of dancing at this show-stopping spectacle.
Why We Love It
[Becci] “The Algarve is a must for surfers and beach lovers. The waves in Lagos are seriously amazing. Algarve beaches are just stunning, definitely some of the best beaches in Europe”.
- Total Feedback:134
- Excellent Approval Rating:98%