Boasting a bounty of beautiful beaches and a rich historical heritage, Portugal is one of Europe’s most popular holiday destinations. Laden with chic cities, colonial churches, and tourist attractions, Portugal holidays will suit every traveller.
Things to Do in Portugal
- Be sure to visit Lisbon. Europe’s answer to San Francisco, Lisbon is brimming with sandy beaches, historical architecture, interesting museums, trendy bars, cool cafes, and even yellow cable cars!
- Unwind on the gorgeous golden beaches of the Algarve. Blue-green seas, sun-kissed sands, and incredible surfing, the Algarve is famous for its beaches.
- Sample some delicious Portuguese cuisine. Be sure to try Pasteis de Belem, our favourite custard and cinnamon sweet treat.
- Pay a visit to the legendary ‘Quinta da Regaleira’ located near Sintra. A pretty palace featuring underground caves, inverted towers, serene lakes and endless gardens, Quinta da Regaleira looks like it’s straight out of a fairy tale.
Best Time to Visit
Portugal weather tends remain quite warm all year round. Summers are hot, dry and often crowded, with temperatures rising to 35 – 40° in July and August. Winters tend to be more wet and windy although sunny days are not too rare either.
Probably the best time to visit Portugal would be around May and early June, when the weather is gorgeous and the summer rush has yet to hit the beaches.
Visit in February for Canraval. Lisbon and the towns of the Algarve tend to have the biggest celebrations, however the Entrudo dos Comprades, near Lamego, is best for a more traditional affair.
Take a trip in early May for Queima das Fitas, the “burning of the ribbons”, celebrating the end of the academic year, reaches its drunken apogee in Coimbra and other university towns.
Visit Agueda in July for the Agitagueda Art Festival and witness hundreds of brightly-coloured umbrellas floating above the city streets as part of a dazzling public art exhibition.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 1,448
- Excellent Approval Rating: 97.00%
easy to use.
might be helpful if you could see prices for the return dates surrounding your chosen return date on the page, just as you can see the different prices for the days surrounding your chosen outgoing date.