A hideout to aristocracy in the 18th and 19th centuries, and home to the oldest casino in Europe, a Formula 1 racing track, and golf courses; Estoril holidays beaches and history.
Things to Do in Estoril
- Place a bet at the oldest casino in Europe. Drop by the Casino Estoril for a round of blackjack, take in a show or art exhibition, or simply sip cocktails at the lounge bar and soak in the atmosphere.
- Play a round of golf. Avid golfers should check out the Oitavus Dunes Golf Course, ranked the 69th best golf course in the world. Be warned it can be tricky to play on a windy day.
- Breakfast at Pastelaria Garret. Opened in 1934, this handsome restaurant offers some of the tastiest pastries around, including its famous Bolo Rei.
- Bask in the sunshine on Tamariz Beach. A stretch of sun-soaked sands lined with restaurants and bars, there’s a reason Tamariz is Estoril’s most popular beach.
Best Time to Visit
Estoril weather is generally quite mild. Summers are hot with temperatures averaging 19-23°, while winters are usually around 12-15°. Estoril experiences year-round rainfall, with winters receiving the heaviest amounts, and summer showers being light and short-lived.
The best time to plan your Estoril holidays for, would probably be around May or early June, as the weather is lovely and there are fewer crowds.
Visit around July/August for the Estoril International Craft Fair. Browse the high-quality Portuguese handicrafts on offer, or have a listen to the live band performances.
Film buffs should check out the Lisbon and Estoril Film Festival. Taking place each year in November, this festival is one of Portugal’s largest cultural events.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback:4
- Excellent Approval Rating:100%