Lisbon Coast Holidays
Lying along the southwest coast of Portugal, the Lisbon Coast is an excellent holiday destination. Picture golden beaches, charming white-washed towns, and a laid-back atmosphere.
Things to Do in the Lisbon Coast
- Check out the beachside resorts. Once regarded as the Portuguese Rivera, the Lisbon Coast is home to a collection of sandy beaches. Guincho in Cascais and Tamariz in Estoril are two of our favourites.
- Gorge on seafood. The Lisbon Coast boasts a prime location for catching fresh seafood, so be sure to try it some night for dinner. We recommend B&B Restaurante in Cascais, and La Villa in Estoril.
- Pay a visit to the town of Carcavelos on Thursday morning, when the town hosts a big market. When you’re coming out of the station just turn right and follow the signs.
- Take a trip to Sintra. Home to a brightly-coloured hilltop castle and eerily beautifully forest, Sintra looks like it’s been torn from the pages of a fairy tale.
Best Time to Visit
Lisbon Coast weather tends to remain mild and fairly sunny throughout the year. May to October is probably the best time to visit as temperatures usually remain between 18 and 23°, while November to April tends to be around 12-15°.
Take a trip around February for Carnaval, one of Portugal’s most colourful and famous festivals. Expect fireworks, water fights, music, and costumes in this celebration marking the last day before Lent.
Drop by Estoril around July / August for the Estoril International Craft Fair, and check out the local handicrafts, music performances and other entertainment on offer.
Art lovers should visit Cascais mid-September for breath-taking light exhibitions throughout the town. Watch parks and the Old Town light up in gorgeous displays; it’s a lovely time to visit.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 5,318
- Excellent Approval Rating: 97.00%
Thanks so much