The second oldest European capital, Lisbon is fascinatingly historic and undeniably cool. Brimming with gothic cathedrals, charming cafes, and vintage cable cars, Lisbon holidays are irresistible.
Things to Do in Lisbon
- Spend your days touring Lisbon’s historical quarters. Visit the Jeronimos Monastery, the Belem Tower – Portugal’s version of the Eiffel Tower – and the medieval citadel for a panoramic view of the city.
- Be sure to take a ride in one of the city’s vintage cable cars at least once. Tram 28 offers a long looping journey as it passes popular hotspots such as Alfama and the Castelo de Sao Jorge.
- Have lunch in Grelhador de Alfama and sample some of the best barbeque in town. A cosy, no-fuss grill house, this place fills up fast in summer.
- Discover Lisbon’s bustling nightlife. Head to the hilltop district of Bairro Alto, where you will find trendy bars and nightclubs hidden away in 18th Century mansions.
Best Time to Visit
Lisbon tends to have hot, dry summers, and cool, rainy winters. From April to mid September the days are warm with temperatures averaging around 21°. October remains hot but can get very rainy. While November to March temperatures tend to average around 13°.
Why We Love It
- Total Feedback: 1,448
- Excellent Approval Rating: 97.00%
easy to use.
might be helpful if you could see prices for the return dates surrounding your chosen return date on the page, just as you can see the different prices for the days surrounding your chosen outgoing date.