One of Costa Blanca's prettiest resorts, Alicante is holds an authentic Spanish charm. Boasting beautiful beaches and an array of museums, Alicante holidays are ideal for culture vultures.
Things to Do in Alicante
- Soak up the city’s history at the Castle of Santa Barbara. This 9th century Moorish castle overlooking the city streets offers some of the best views of Alicante.
- Take a tour of the Museum of Modern Art. See the works of Dali, Picasso and Francis Bacon on show in this 17th century Baroque building, which is a piece of art itself.
- Dine at Cerveceria Sento. Our favourite restaurant in Alicante, this place offers delicious tapas at a very reasonable price.
- Wander down Explanada de Espana. Alicante’s gorgeous boardwalk of patterned tiles, palm trees and street stalls, is a must-do on your Alicante holidays.
Best Time to Visit
Alicante weather tends to remain warm all year round. April or May would probably be the best time to visit Alicante as the weather is warm, around 17°, and the beaches are less packed.
Summers are hot and dry with temperatures reaching up to 31° in August. Winters are generally mild.
For further information see Costa Blanca weather.
Take a trip around the 23rd of June for San Juan's Eve. Join locals on the beach as they light bonfires and fireworks in celebration of the Summer Solstice, and watch as daredevils jump the flames.
Why We Love It“Alicante is a great destination with an amazing food scene. I would recommend the Alicante Segway Tapas Tour, it's only two hours and a lot of fun.”
Sinead McGrane, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 19
- Excellent Approval Rating: 33.33%