The largest of the Canary Islands, Tenerife is a paradise of sun, sea and sand. From its beautiful beaches to its white-washed villages, Tenerife holidays will suit every traveller.
Things to Do in Tenerife
- Unwind on the gorgeous golden sands. Boasting a coastline of palm-fringed beaches, Tenerife is the perfect destination for sun-worshipers.
- Explore Teide National Park. Boasting an otherworldly volcanic landscape and Spain’s highest mountain Mount Teide, this park is a must-see on Tenerife holidays. If you love heights, take a ride in a cable car to the mountain’s top, it’s not cheap but the vistas are fabulous.
- Browse the stalls at the Mercado de Nuestra Senora de Africa in Santa Cruz. A lively market selling local cheeses, coffee, fresh fruit and flowers, it’s a food lover’s paradise.
- Spend a day at Siam Park. A Thai-themed water park, Siam Park allows you to surf in a swimming pool, plunge down the Tower of Power – a 28 metre drop – or idly drift along the Mai Thai River in a rubber dinghy.
Best Time to Visit
Sep-Oct: When it’s warm and uncrowded, however you may experience some light rainfall during the last few weeks. Generally speaking, Tenerife holidays great any time of the year.
Visit the weekend before Ash Wednesday to celebrate Carnival. Beginning on the Friday with an election of a Carnival Queen, and ending on Ash Wednesday with the burial of a fake giant sardine, this festival is full of fun surprises!
Why We Love It“I stayed in Playa de Las Americas while in Tenerife. As a younger couple we loved it: there are plenty of bars and clubs to choose from. Our highlight would be Loro Parque and the jeep safari tour, it was so much fun!”
Sinead McGrane, Sales Executive
- Total Feedback: 24
- Excellent Approval Rating: 30.67%
Thank you Gohop.